Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center
Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center (OpenELEC) is a small Linux distribution built from scratch as a platform to turn your computer into a Kodi (previously XBMC) media center. OpenELEC is designed to make your system boot fast, and the install is so easy that anyone can turn a blank PC into a media machine in less than 15 minutes.
- It’s completely free!
- A full install is only 90-125MB using only minimal hardware requirements
- Simple installers & diskimages for HDD, SSD, Compact Flash, SD card, USB etc.
- Now one generic build for Nvidia, AMD, Intel based on x64/x86-64 hardware
- Separate builds for Raspberry Pi 1 and 2, and Apple TV (upto v4.2.1, now deprecated)
- Freescale iMX6 ARM builds for Cubox-i, CuboxTV and Hummingboard boxes
- Simple configuration through the Kodi & OpenELEC interfaces
- Plug and Play external storage
- File sharing via the SAMBA file protocol out-of-the-box